Summer Break – Racer Notes:
Cocopah Speedway racers as we approach the midway part of our summer break and you plan to finish the 2014 race season with us please keep the following notes in mind:
- We will have an open practice Saturday September 20th. Pit gate will open at 4PM. The fee will be $30.00 per car with crew members getting in at no charge. The grandstand, concessions and beverages will all be open. Grandstand admission will be free. Please be aware of the rules with emphasis on safety items. Safety items will be check at practice. Note: Fire retardant gloves, shoes and neck brace (or head and neck restraint) required. Right and left seat head supports required if using head and neck restraint system. (This is not inclusive of your safety rules…please check them)
- We will re-open the following week with a two night event September 26 & 27. Thanks to RV World Yuma the sport mods will be racing for $600.00 to win both nights. (note: Sport mods will also race for $600.00 to win at the Turkey Classic and the Winter Nationals.)
- October 11th will be the first race of the fall series and the Inaugural Deacon Dick Memorial. As details are finalized on the event that will pay respect to our Hall of Fame member Deacon Dick Rautenberg they will be posted at www.cocopahspeedway.com
- October 25th will be Fan appreciation night and we will again welcome the fans to the front stretch to visit with all of the drivers.
- Our 3 year conversion of Street Stocks to IMCA Stock Cars will be complete in December. 2015 Cocopah Speedway Racing Series divisions will be IMCA Hobby Stocks, IMCA Stock Cars, IMCA Northern Sport Mods & IMCA Modifieds.
- 2014 will be the final year that the prostock division will be part of the Cocopah Speedway racing series.
- Work on the 2015 schedule is in process.